As my most popular message today, WhatsApp doesn’t require much identification about it, so if you are on this page to download it, you definitely know the software and it is already using it on your smartphone.
What’s new – for those who don’t know – is that you can now talk to your friends and family using native Windows software on the desktop, so WhatsApp for Windows is an interesting solution because it allows you to receive notifications directly to Windows, manage your groups and share files in a more natural way.
Features of the program
- The desktop version of WhatsApp has exactly the same functionality as WhatsApp Web, to log in, you need to use your smartphone to scan a code on the computer screen, and follow the entire interface to read the code.
- The only noticeable difference is the menu bar at the top of the messenger window, where you can access some information and tools directly.
- When WhatsApp rumors for PC and Mac started to appear, something more advanced was expected to happen, at least with the same features of Android and iOS versions. However, there are no audio calls, and your smartphone must be online all the time for chatting to work on your computer.
- Another downside is RAM consumption, as it may consume 121MB of RAM is only one of its Windows operations.
- The program is very practical for those who work on the computer, WhatsApp for PC has some features of the mobile version (editing the profile, receiving notifications) and syncing all the activities performed on both devices (conversations, transferring media files).
- The desktop version is compatible with Windows 8 / 8.1 and 10.