On more than one occasion, we need a program to compress or extract files, 7-Zip is an open-source compression and extraction tool compatible with various file formats that you can use on your Windows PC for free.
There is a wide range of programs that focus on this purpose because file compression provides us with many benefits: such as reducing the space occupied by files on the hard drive, as well as the ability to send them via email or download them to an online storage service, in addition to the ability to package files Different in one folder.
- High compression tool: Here we find one of the best programs to compress and decompress files on Windows, and the 7-Zip program is equipped with a very simple and easy to use user interface that provides us with basic features for this type of operation on all computers running the Microsoft operating system, which It allows us to merge and reduce the size of folders or other items stored on the hard drive on our computer.
- For many users, it is the best free program to compress and decompress files on your computer.
- Compatible with a variety of formats like 7z, XZ, bzip2, gzip, tar, zip, Wim, and many more.
- Checks if the files contain errors.
- You can encrypt files using AES 256-bit encryption in 7z and zip code.
- It contains the command line version.
- Make sure to find zip files that you may not be able to extract due to incompatibility in the format. 7-zip can handle all of them, as it supports almost all available compression formats.
- Linux users can also use it due to the fact that the command line version also contains a port for this system, so you are lucky if you use Ubuntu or any other operating system, but other users of other platforms like macOS or Android cannot download it on their platforms.